- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp plus 2 tbsp lime juice, divided
- ⅛ tsp plus ¼ tsp salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 8 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- ⅛ tsp pepper
Salsa: in a small bowl, combine pineapple, green onions, green pepper, cilantro, 4 tsp lime juice, ⅛ tsp salt and cayenne. Refrigerate until serving.
Mix oil and remaining lime juice; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill fish, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with ¼ cup salsa : 131 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, ½ fruit.