- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1-½ lb pork tenderloin, cut into slices
- 3 tbsp jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 med ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
For marinade, mix first 5 ingredients. In a large bowl, toss pork with ½ cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, up to 2 hours.
For glaze, place jelly and ⅓ cup of the remaining marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 min; remove from heat. Place salsa ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly with remaining marinade.
Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place pork on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 min per side, brushing with glaze during the last 3 min. Serve with salsa.
3 oz cooked pork with ⅓ cup salsa: 300 cal, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.