Chicken with Cucumber Melon Relish
- 1-½ cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1-½ tsp garam masala or curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-½ cups chopped cantaloupe
- ½ cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds, optional
In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, garam masala, salt and pepper flakes until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate up to 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
For relish, in a small bowl, mix cantaloupe, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, mint and remaining lemon juice.
Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bowl. Grill chicken, covered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve with relish and reserved marinade. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
Tip: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without almonds): 247 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, ½ starch.